Welcome to HSLDA’s FREE membership
for parents of preschoolers. We look
forward to serving your family as
you explore the exciting world of
J. Michael Smith, President
About HSLDA’s Membership for Parents of Preschoolers
This FREE HSLDA membership is for parents or legal guardians whose oldest child is under age 5. Here are the benefits you receive!
- Personal phone and email access to legal staff for your state, for any legal concerns regarding your homeschool
- Toddlers to Tweens consultant (preschool–8th grade) who can answer your homeschooling questions about everything from getting started to learning styles, from curriculum to lesson planning, and more www.hslda.org/ToddlersToTweens
- Struggling Learner/Special Needs consultants who can assist you in diagnosing and addressing your homeschooled child’s special needs www.hslda.org/StrugglingLearner
- Special discounts on HSLDA Store products
- Quarterly Home School Court Report magazine online, with news about laws and court cases affecting homeschoolers, tips for teaching your kids, and other information for the homeschooling community
- Email alerts on local, state, national, and international homeschooling issues
- PerX program offering HSLDA members substantial discounts on insurance, school supplies, hotels, and more
- Access to our Online Curriculum Market, where you can save money while buying and selling homeschool-related books and curriculum
What to Expect after Submitting the Application:
- You will receive an email from HSLDA in three to four weeks with your account number and instructions for accessing your member benefts.
- Your FREE membership will run through the date of your oldest child’s 5th birthday. Prior to this date, we will let you know how you can continue your member benefts through a paid HSLDA membership.
- Most communication for this program will be handled online, so make sure you have internet access via your home or library.
- If you are part of a state or local organization that participates in our Discount Group program: To assist groups in keeping accurate records, HSLDA will provide your group administrator with periodic reports that include your name, zip code, account number, and membership date.