HEADQUARTERS, UNITED STATES ARMY, EUROPE, AND SEVENTH ARMY
APO AE 09014
This memorandum indicates the permanent policy for educational choices in USAREUR.
1. In USAREUR, military and civilian sponsors of school-age children (para 2) have three options for educating their children:
a. Enroll them in a Department of Defense Dependents Schools-Europe (DODDS-E) school.
b. Enroll them in a public or private host-nation school.
c. Conduct home-schooling.
2. "School-age children" are those children who are at least 6 years old and have not turned 18 by 30 October of the new schoolyear. Children who have completed high school, but have not reached the age of 18, are not school-age children.
3. Military and civilian sponsors of school-age children who do not plan to enroll their children in a DODDS-E school must complete a DODDS-E registration form to indicate that their children will be enrolled in host-nation school or in a home-schooling program during the current school-year. Registration forms may be returned to any DODDS-E school when completed.
4. Sponsors currently in USAREUR will complete registration requirements for their children before 1 December 2000.
5. Sponsors who arrive in USAREUR after 1 November 2000 have 4 weeks to enroll their children in a DODDS-E school or complete the requirements of paragraph 3.
FOR THE COMMANDER:
LARRY R. JORDAN
Lieutenant General, USA
Deputy Commanding General