Brigance Test Rental Procedures
Tests are rented to members only.
Cost: Send two separate checks, each made out to HSLDA.
- Be sure to write Attention—Special Needs Testing Department/Tiffany Mackey on your envelope.
- $100 refundable deposit check
This check will be refunded if:
- The manual is kept for five days only. Please speak with Tiffany Mackey to make your arrangements, in advance, to use the manual for more than five days (for example, in order to test more than one child).
- The manual is in good condition (no stains, tears, pencil or pen marks, or other damage).
- $85 check ($65 for rental fee to cover the wear and tear on the manual and the cost of one student booklet, plus $20 shipping and handling fee). When you are testing more than one student, you will need to remit $5 each for additional student booklet. (You keep the student booklets; they provide you a record of the skills the student has or does not have.)
- Please note, once your written request and two checks (deposit and rental fee) are received, your name will be placed on our waiting list. As soon as a test kit becomes available, it will be mailed to you. Please note, potential wait time may be 6–8 weeks.
- Members also pay a fee for shipping and handling when returning the test kit. *Please only return the test kit. Do not send in your child’s student booklet. Please maintain the student booklet in your home school file.
Sample Brigance Rental Request
Please send the (Yellow, Green, Blue) Brigance. (Circle one.)
I have enclosed my:
- $100 deposit check
- $90 check (Send two student books, $5 extra to cover cost of 1 extra student booklet.)
Mrs. Jane Doe
123 School Road
Anytown, USA 12345
HSLDA member No. 1234567
Rental Requests should be sent to:
ATTN: Special Needs Testing Department/Tiffany Mackey
PO Box 3000
Purcellville, VA 20134-9000
(Yellow Brigance assessment kit): Inventory of Early Development II (2010 updated version) for birth to developmental age 7.
(Green Brigance assessment kit): Comprehensive Inventory of Basic Skills II (2010 updated version) for pre-kindergarten through ninth grade level.
(Blue Brigance assessment kit): Transition Skills Inventory, assesses daily living and employability skills to help middle and high school students gain independence.
We will be mailing the newly revised (2-volume) Brigance test kits unless otherwise requested.
If you have further questions about the rental procedure for the Brigance, call (540) 338-5600 to speak with Tiffany Mackey. If you have specific questions about administering the test and/or utilizing the results of the test, please ask to speak with one of the special needs consultants for Home School Legal Defense Association.
Comments/Suggestions | Disclaimer | Advertising