|HOME SCHOOLING / INTERNATIONAL|
Mission Boosts Homeschooling
Homeschooling in South Korea is growing by leaps and bounds! Thank all those who are praying and supporting the Family Mission International (FMI).
The FMI main mission is to help South Korean families homeschool. Please consider “adopting” them and having your statewide homeschool association donate or raise funds for the FMI.
Brad Voeller, president of FMI, is coming to HSLDA’s National Leadership conference this year.
Below is the FMI’S September Update by homeschool dad and North American Director of FMI, Bernie Beall.
God bless you all!
HSLDA Senior Counsel
Opportunities for Ministry Keep Growing
Dear Friend in Christ,
This is a very exciting week in the ministry of Family Mission International! And there is much to pray for . . .
1. On September 15, in Korea, Brad Voeller, the founder and president of FMI, was joined in marriage with Joo-Young Lee. Pray for God’s blessings on them, and rejoice with us as Brad and Joo-Young begin a new life of ministering together!
2. Pastor Gary Cox, longtime Maryland homeschool leader, is in South Korea this week not only to perform the wedding of Brad and Joo-Young, but to share godly insight out of his decades of leading an umbrella homeschool in Maryland with a fledgling umbrella homeschool in Korea known as Joshua International Academy (JIA). Pray that Pastor Cox is God’s instrument to bring blessings and encouragement for the families of JIA, and many Christian families and leaders in Korea.
3. As a new semester is underway for JIA and other homeschooling families in South Korea, pray that all can walk in joyful obedience for the “why” of the narrow road they are choosing: to raise up godly children and be a blessing to “all the families of the earth.”
4. The Willing Family, homeschool FMI missionaries, is resting in God’s sovereignty as Mrs. Susan Willing undergoes chemo treatments for cancer there in Korea. It’s not easy, in fact, very energy draining, but Susan says she is experiencing God’s joy and peace in the midst of this trial. Mr. John Willing recently had a bout with a virus that resulted in him passing out, striking his head and needing 20 stitches. He has recovered now. John and Susan, with their three children, Ruth, Grace and Jonathan, are FMI’s longest serving family in Korea. They are a very musical family and have started homeschool orchestras that are bearing fruit in families’ lives. Please pray for the Willings to see God's hand of blessing physically, emotionally and spiritually.
5. Timothy and Boni Pent and the younger six of their nine children have returned to South Korea this past week to continue their ministry to families as they:
- Train parents in family discipleship;
- Lead and develop high school homeschool co-ops (very new in Korea!);
- Mentor and develop resources for Korean homeschool families who are now missionaries in central Asia;
- Generally minister together as a family, to families, in and through their home.
Please pray for the Pents in their multi-faceted ministry, that the Lord would supply their every need, and they would minister out of the overflow of God’s grace in their life!
6. Lynn Hurtado and her son, Alex, continue to serve wonderfully in South Korea with some of the homeschool co-ops. Lynn as an experienced homeschool mom, and Alex as a successful homeschool graduate, have much wisdom and love to share of how the Lord has led them to walk by faith as a family together.
7. Veronica Eby, a young lady from Ontario, is coordinating the tutors for our new online Homeschool Friends (HF) English language learning classes. North American homeschool students are helping tutor Korea homeschoolers via the Internet (Skype live video). Pray that there is mutual encouragement to “excel still more” in Christ! Next semester we hope to launch a similar Homeschool Friends English program for Korean homeschool moms. Are you a homeschool mother who speaks English fluently? We need you, right where you are! More on this next month.)
For all these folks, I am reminded of Simon and Andrew’s response to Jesus as recorded in Mark 1:18—“Immediately they left their nets and followed Him.” Thank you for your prayers for these faithful servants of Jesus.
God’s great blessings to you,
North American Director
Family Mission International
P.S. Online giving is available.