Originally Sent: 1/15/2014
|From the HSLDA e-lert service|
Join 20,000 others...
The HSLDA Curriculum Market is buzzing with activity! Save money on new and used homeschooling materials, or sell your extras.
Have You Made Plans to Come to the Annual Home Educators’ Capitol Day Yet?
Dear HSLDA Members and Friends:
The Oklahoma Home Educators’ Capitol Day is less than a month away! On February 11, 2014, we will mark the 29th Annual Home Educators’ Capitol Day in Oklahoma! This event is the longest running Home Education Day at the Capitol in the country.
I strongly believe that that this event, hosted by Oklahoma Christian Home Educators’ Consociation (OCHEC), is one of main reasons Oklahoma has continued enjoy the homeschooling freedom that it has all these years. Because families like yours have made the effort to show up year after year, your elected officials have seen up to 2,500 vibrant homeschoolers at the Capitol for the past several years.
It hasn’t always been easy. Last year many families were kept away by the ever-changing nature of Oklahoma weather. However, those who were able to make it to the Capitol enjoyed a great rally, tours, met with their legislators, handed out cookies and participated in many other events that kept them informed about what is going on in the legislature. Won’t you make your plans to attend today?
We have certainly seen great uncertainty and even turmoil on a national level on many different issues. But our conviction to teach our children at home is worth fighting for and defending! Due to the constant efforts of OCHEC, CHEF of OK and families like you, the Oklahoma Legislature is a place where you can be heard. While guarding against possible negative legislation is a key component to the Home Educators’ Capitol Day, this event also has an impact on the various agencies that have the potential to impact homeschooling freedom in Oklahoma.
This year’s theme for the Home Educators’ Capitol Day—Freedom Worth Defending—is extremely fitting! So, will you come and join with thousands, yes thousands, of homeschoolers across Oklahoma? Register today and help continue to make the Oklahoma Home Educator’ Capitol Day the best in the country!
At Capitol Day your family will have the opportunity to tour the Capitol, sit in on the opening session of the House or Senate, invite your legislator to lunch, sit in on a town hall meeting, and attend a rally on the 2nd floor of the Capitol Building. This year your teen can also have the opportunity to participate in a Teen Lobby Team. These teams will have several activities and be able to participate in several exciting event leading up to Capitol Day. For more information about this click here.
We would love to see the 2014 Oklahoma Home Educators’ Capitol Day have the biggest attendance yet. Please make your plans now to bring your family to Oklahoma City, and have a wonderful experience for your children and the future of home education freedom. Find out more information online.
1. Come to the Capitol on February 11, 2014, to participate in the 29th Annual Home Educators’ Capitol Day. If you or an older child would like to be a volunteer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2. Consider purchasing a boxed lunch for you legislator and schedule an opportunity to visit with them during the luncheon. You may purchase the luncheon for your legislator through registration. Please contact your legislator directly to make plans to meet with him or her during Capitol Day. You can find your legislator’s contact information online.
3. If you would like to help bake a dozen cookies (or more) to help supply the 180 dozen cookies that will be handed out to legislators please contact Carrie Bertrand at email@example.com. If you are interested in serving as a re-enactor or provide musical entertainment throughout the day please contact Brenda Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tina Oliphant at Oliphant@ochec.com to audition.
4. If you can’t come to the Home Education Day at the Capitol, please pray for the event. Contact your state legislators and get to know them beyond just the Home Educators’ Capitol Day event. If desired you could also donate to help defray the costs (over $3,000) of Capitol Day.
5. If you are not yet a member of HSLDA and would like to help us fight for greater parental rights and homeschool freedom in Oklahoma please join today.
6. If you would like to be put on our email list to receive vital e-lerts you may sign up online.
Thank you for your part in fighting for freedom in Oklahoma, and I hope to see you at the Home Educators’ Capitol Day! Feel free to forward this to your friends who are homeschooling but may not be part of HSLDA, OCHEC, or CHEF of OK.
Thomas J (Tj) Schmidt
The HSLDA E-lert Service is a service of:
Home School Legal Defense Association • P.O. Box 3000 • Purcellville, Virginia 20134-9000
Subscription Information: You subscribed to the HSLDA E-lert Service as:
POSTMASTERS: This message is being sent to the most recent address we have for our subscribers. If this is an invalid email address or you have other problems, please reply to email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: This is considered a private and confidential message from HSLDA to its bonafide HSLDA E-lert Service subscribers. HSLDA cannot attest to the authenticity of copies posted, forwarded, or sent by any party other than HSLDA.
NOTE: Please do not reply or otherwise use this email address; firstname.lastname@example.org is for broadcast purposes only and is not intended to receive incoming messages. We cannot reply to any email sent to this address. If you have comments or questions, please send email to email@example.com or call HSLDA at 540-338-5600. HSLDA members can also email staff directly through the Members website at http://members.hslda.org/contact.asp. Thank you for your cooperation.
© 2014 HSLDA. All rights reserved.