|HSLDA||September 23, 2008|
Starbucks Offers Free Coffee for Homeschool Parents
This coming Monday, September 29, homeschool parents will be able to pick up a complimentary tall size (12 fl. oz.) cup of Pike Place Roast from Starbucks.
This promotion is part of Starbucks “Great Start for Great Teachers” promotion, and is now open to all teachers.
HSLDA intervened when we were alerted that homeschool parents were not included in the promotion.
We are pleased that Starbucks is recognizing the contribution of homeschool parents by extending their program to us.
In order to pick up your free cup of Pike Place Roast you will need to present evidence that you are a homeschooler.
Any one item on the following list should be accepted by Starbucks:
- Home School Legal Defense Association membership card.
- Membership card from a state homeschooling organization.
- Notification from a school district or state government recognizing compliance with compulsory attendance.
- Paperwork submitted showing intent to establish a homeschool program.
- Paperwork showing the establishment of a private school.
If you don’t have one of the items on this list be creative and try to provide other proof of homeschooling.
Please note: the final decision about whether to accept proof of homeschooling resides with Starbucks.We hope you choose to take advantage of this offer.
To print out additional copies of your membership card, visit the online HSLDA membership services page.