|NATIONAL CENTER RESOURCE|
|a division of Home School Legal Defense Association||April 1, 2002|
Legislative Goals for the 107th Congress
PROMOTE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TAX POLICIES THROUGH:
- Eliminating the tax penalty on marriage. The current tax code penalizes married
couples an average of $1,400 simply for filing as a couple. This discrimination should end.
- Reducing the federal tax burden on all families. Support across-the-board reductions
for all income brackets.
- Increasing the per child tax credit.
- Eliminate discrimination against large families in the tax code. Adjust or eliminate the
Alternative Minimum tax and other measures that cap tax benefits on the basis of family size.
- Support efforts to pay off the national debt. HSLDA supports efforts to pay off the
national debt. This debt represents taxation without representation to the children of this country.