Membership Talking Points
If someone were to ask you why you are a member of HSLDA, what would you say? Here are some talking points based on favorite reasons our members have shared with us through the years.
MEMBER IS THE
BEST WAY TO ADD
MORE ALLIES IN OUR
FIGHT TO PRESERVE
- If the security from government intrusion at your front door means a lot to you, you might say, “I feel safe being a member.”
- If the services we offer have blessed you, you might respond, “HSLDA offers a wide array of services and discounts that have really blessed our family. Membership is well worth the cost.”
- If you value HSLDA’s work on behalf of homeschoolers, you could explain, “HSLDA was founded in 1983 as a ministry to homeschoolers throughout the United States. In 1983, homeschooling was legal in only five states but now it’s legal in all 50 states, due in large part to the work of HSLDA, state homeschool organizations, and the support of members like me.”
- If you’re struck by the long-range benefits of membership, you might predict, “I see HSLDA membership as an investment in the future of homeschooling. It’s an investment in protecting our precious right to homeschool. Even if I don’t have a legal problem, I know others will, since HSLDA deals with more than 7,000 legal conflicts each year.”
- And if HSLDA’s work on political and legislative matters resonates with you, you could respond, “HSLDA’s lobbying efforts on behalf of homeschooling extend to all 50 state legislatures, to the U.S. Congress, and around the world.”
And by the way, we appreciate you telling others about HSLDA. A satisfied member is the best way to add more allies in our fight to preserve homeschooling freedom!