A Coordinator for That
You’ve probably heard the phrase, “There’s an app for that.” Well, we can pretty confidently say to our members, “There’s a coordinator for that.”
True, we can’t help with everything. You may be surprised, however, at how many things we do offer in order to help you—our member family—be successful at homeschooling.
For instance, we offer specialized help for each age level of homeschooling. Whether you’re teaching a preschooler, elementary student, middle schooler or high schooler, your membership enables you to email or call and get answers from people who have walked in your shoes. Here’s what members have said to our staff:
- Thank you for taking the time to both write and call. You have some valuable links here, and I will spend some time looking over them and coming up with a plan. Your links are already providing some great insights. I will certainly take you up on your offer for future assistance. Thank you for making yourself so readily available. God’s peace.
- This is a big help to me. I joined HSLDA a few years back because it was the right thing to do. I had no idea of the full extent of member benefits until I heard you speak. Thanks for your ministry. It gives this homeschooling mom encouragement to face the high school years.
HSLDA’s team of special needs/struggling learner coordinators helps hundreds of families teach struggling learners each year. Here’s one comment we received recently from a satisfied member:
Help for your homeschool
- Visit www.hslda.org, hover your cursor over "About Homeschooling," and then select a category from the drop down menu.
- Go to www.hslda.org/contact
staff, log in with your member number, and email a specific department for help.
- Call 540-338-5600.
- I cannot thank you enough for the article on special needs children. My middle child, who is age 9, has always been very slow in completing school work and chores. I never considered that he might have a disability that was causing him to respond in that manner. Reading the section on ADD was very enlightening and it described my son perfectly! I now have a completely different understanding of his behavior and am willing to try anything to help him succeed without feeling pressured. My only regret is that I did not discover this sooner. Thank you!
QUESTION, WE JUST
MIGHT HAVE THE
AT LEAST KNOW
WHERE YOU CAN GET IT.
Did you know that we also answer questions from hundreds of people each month who are considering homeschooling? You don’t have to be a member to get help. Of course, we cannot provide nonmembers with the same level of service as we give our members, but you’d be surprised at how many questions people ask us. In fact, we have three full-time staff dedicated to answering questions from folks who are just checking out homeschooling. So if you have friends driving you crazy with questions, encourage them to give us a call. We’d be delighted to help them.
If you’re just starting homeschooling, we understand how you feel as a “newbie.” Or if you’ve been at it for years, we realize you sometimes still need support for what each new stage brings. Whatever your question, we just might have the answer—or at least know where you can get it. So be sure to take advantage of the wealth of information we provide by either viewing our website, emailing us, or giving us a call. Who knows, we might have a coordinator for that!