Quick Tips on Renewals
Checking on the following items before sending in your HSLDA membership renewal form (or application) will help ensure quicker processing here at our office:
- Don’t forget to include your check in the envelope when mailing your renewal form.
- Make sure your payment information is complete—for example, remember to fill in your credit card expiration date.
- If you are using the payment plan,
be sure to sign the authorization form which allows us to set
up the automatically recurring
- Include your telephone number and/or email address so that we
can reach you easily if we have any questions.
|One-year HSLDA online renewals receive a $10 gift certificate to the HSLDA bookstore. Two-year renewals (by any method) receive the Drive Thru History America DVD.
You can renew your HSLDA membership through the mail, on our secure online membership renewal page, or by phone. If you renew online, be sure to check for a confirmation email letting you know that your renewal was received.
You can pay by check, money order, credit card, or debit card. You can also choose to pay via direct debit from your checking account.
You can renew for one, two, or five years. At this time, our renewal specials are as follows:
- If you renew online (prior to your expiration date) for one year, you will receive a $10 gift certificate to the HSLDA bookstore.
- If you renew for two years (by any method), you will receive Drive Thru History America: Foundations of Character, an entertaining, fast-paced curriculum DVD that teaches the history of our nation from a Christian worldview.
- If you renew for five years, you will save $75 off the cost of renewing for five consecutive years.
You can also renew as a lifetime member, which means your membership extends as long as you wish it to, even past the graduation of your youngest child.
If you are currently experiencing financial hardship, you may wish to consider applying for a Members Helping Members scholarship, available through the Home School Foundation. For information on applying for this scholarship, please call our office at 540-338-5600 and ask to speak with the membership coordinator for your state.
Emily Alianello is a membership coordinator at HSLDA.
What Card is in Your Wallet?
While out on a date with my husband one evening, I was surprised to find a lot of hubbub at our local Barnes and Noble Bookstore. I found out that the attraction was a “Back to School Teachers” sale,
and I became even more excited. I went to the table to register my name and “my school.” Matter-of-factly stating that I homeschooled, I asked if I qualified for the “Teacher’s Discount” card (which was good for the whole year and for an additional sale price available that night only).
The lady registering teachers stopped and said, “Well, you will have to show us your lesson plans.”
My heart temporarily sank as I replied, “Yes, I could do that, but would my Home School Legal Defense Association membership card qualify me?”
She gave a quick glance at the card and responded, “Uh, yes that would be fine.” I signed up and got a pile of wonderful books at a great price! Thanks, HSLDA!
—Renae W. / Buchanan, MI
Send Your Story
You can let others know
how HSLDA membership has benefited your family or how you've worked together
with HSLDA to preserve homeschool freedom by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.