Are you in the midst of teaching your teen at home? Or is high school on the horizon in a couple of years for your middle schooler? Where do you find help when teaching high school?
Check out HSLDA’s 32 page booklet entitled A Guide for Homeschooling through High School!
Included in this free reference tool is information on many aspects of high school at home. You’ll find advice and tips for:
- Developing your teen’s high school program–what subjects should you teach & when
- How to assess your teen’s work and grading guidelines
- Evaluating credit using several different methods
- Charting a course through 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades, and
- Investigating post-high school options such as the workforce, college, or the military
I've found that once parents know the basics relating to high school and where to find resources, they are well on their way to increasing their confidence to teach high school. I hope the booklet is a handy resource for you!