HOME | LAWS | ORGANIZATIONS | CASES | LEGISLATION
This bill would make the following changes to the home education statute:
- Require that a high school diploma issued by the supervisor of a home education program be recognized the same as a diploma issued by the Commonwealth;
- Eliminate the public school superintendent's review of portfolios;
- Require superintendents to accept an evaluator's determination that an appropriate education is occurring in the home education program;
- Provide for an administrative procedure to resolve any claim by the superintendent that the parent has failed to comply with any aspect of the homeschool law; and
- Ensure that the home education program may continue during the time of any appeal of an adverse ruling by a hearing examiner.
See HSLDA's October 21, 2014 e-lert: "Homeschool Bill Passes Legislature!"
10/31/2014 Signed by the Governor
See "Bill History" link below.
| Other Resources|