HOME | LAWS | ORGANIZATIONS | CASES | LEGISLATION | HEADLINES | COMMON CORE
Legislative Resolution 369: Interim Study of Homeschooling
Senator DiAnna Schimek
Legislative Resolution 369 requires the Education Committee to “examine policy changes that should be pursued in order to provide further guidance and oversight of Nebraska’s home schools.”
The resolution requires the committee to study:
- The current laws governing Nebraska non-accredited schools and the laws’ original legislative intent;
- Improvements that can be made to the existing law, in light of the increasing number of homeschoolers and current trends;
- Data on Nebraska homeschooled students’ performance;
- Current case law that allows states to govern home education; and
- Ways for Nebraska to sufficiently regulate homeschoolers, including testing and other evaluative methods.
|3/31/2008||Referred to Executive Board|
|4/15/2008||Referred to Education Committee|
None at this time.
| Other Resources|